Sunday, December 8, 2013

A small gathering of happiness and surprise

The Gathering




Some of my friends in college had celebrated my birthday a few weeks earlier since I would be overseas on my actual birthday.
I don't have many friends. I admit. Unlike my bf , he have friends all over the place.
Everywhere we go, there would be at least 5 people he would greet.
I guess I am not really the kind to have that many.
Good friends are hard to come by.
Most friends have their own agendas to be with you.
A lot of the times, they abandon ship when the ship sinks.

I really am sidetracking from the main topic of the post.
What can I say?
Once I set my mind to write or type, I can't stop.
Anyways, we met up for Sushi at Sakei Sushi.
They sell pretty good sushi and you can confirm your order through an app on the Ipad placed at each table.

I had forgotten to take pictures of the sushi place but they are in Singapore and Malaysia.
I am not too sure about their other branches overseas.
Before the lunch, I have met an unfortunate twist of events.
When I went to the toilet, I went a bit overly excited and my zipper of my skort(skirt+short)
broke, showing parts of uh the ummm you know meaty area which I will call beef patties.
I had to cover it with ,Thank God, my long shirt that I initially tucked in before the incident
Thankfully one of my friend realized the zipper malfunction. 
She helped me get a new skirt from Cotton On as a substitute since it's the least expensive.

Finally lunch commences and my other friend had arrived.
There are many other details about that day,however, I won't disclose it as my respect for my friend's
 privacy.
We took some Polaroid pictures. Not that many. We didn't have much time after eating.
We just ate, walked around but didn't really shop.
They gave me Chuppa lollipops in all flavours.I was planning to take a Polaroid picture of me with a lollipop. I guess I want to do as many silly and fun things as I can in my country before I go to university overseas(provided they accept me. Universities in UK had raised their minimum requirement of grades)
I worry of course. But you know, even if you are an atheist , you would still believe in the idea of something greater that has the power to control and plan out our lives. 
I still hold on to my faith though. It's the only thing that doesn't come and go like traffic each day.

Their present. 
Main present to me.




They bought this because I love vintage bicycles and I did mention that I want an Italian bf or even  a French to ride this kind of bicycles with me hugging them at the back. I dream that my Italian bf would ride me around Rome and even small villages or towns outskirts of the beautiful Italy. Wind blowing through my hair as it gleamed over the changing shades of the sun. 
We would stop on a green hilltop overlooking many green hills for a picnic. Some salami, cheese, biscuits, maybe even his pasta learned from his mom and wine. We would set, drink listen to the portable radio to classical music. Turn the volume up loud. Feel the euphoric effect of classical music as it fills the valleys and vast endless green hills before our eyes with music. With Mozart ,Beeethoven , etc etc.Then we would exchange topics of conversation. Lay there till the night to watch the stars above us. 


Finally, one of my friend gave me her DIY card. I made her a DIY cushion heart which I placed into an envelope with its front face transparent so you could view the heart and the other stuff inside.


This is it








The day ended with goodbyes and Popsicles made from actual fruits that were sold at the underground section of the place we were at. 
It was ok, nothing fantastic. Just another shop that copied ideas from hip places in Europe.
Once again, thank you my friends for that day , for your thoughts and your time spent with me.













No comments:

Post a Comment