Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Sophisticated Lady Must Have Culinary Skills!

How to Be a Sophisticated Lady


(p.s. This is utter bullshit by NaomiNaoko but good usable bullshit)


I come from an all girls high school  which automatically gets girls like us into a mental category of "prim and proper possible lesbian girls" in a dude's mind.

When guys meet us, especially ones which are drop dead gorgeous with every perfection of their dream Barbie girl, they assume we can cook, be all womanly and sophisticated.

Let's laugh together.

We tend to act like we have 10 brothers before our birth. Not exactly gentle.
An apt example would be me.
I am a clumsy fool who can't cook.
Lived as I was until I turned 19 and felt---------- heck, I need to be more womanly.
Exude that sophisticated , not overpowering but subtle sexiness every confident woman owns.


Here in lies my journey into burning some vegetables, over adding salt, sugar and wine into my dishes.
Couple of times I almost tripped myself on the kitchen floor. Couple more I almost dropped my bowls.
If someone took a video of me cutting my vegetables, let's laugh together again.
Thought I am looking more like Masterchef Australia each day.
I am more of  'Unexpectedly clumsy chef '
My ego got hurt by  my Masterchef Grandma.
In a way, the perspicacity of her remarks will teach me not only to be a good cook,but a highly tolerant person towards insinuating people.


I will cook my following meal, solo. Without the grandma eagle eyeing my cooking style.

This is my grand master plan :

To learn and change profoundly for the better good of myself.To move forward and never look back and live in the present. I must achieve this once my newly short hair grows out back to Sleeping Beauty length and before my parents pack me away for university.



The following are the vegetarian dishes I choose to cook over the weekend.
I will take pictures of the outcome.For now, let's preview what I will cook.




















Yes, I am ambitious but I also won't give in to negativity.
Being in an all girls school specifically mine, we are trained to go after dreams in life. We won't back down.
Plus, I really need to mature into a sophisticated lady with good culinary skills.
I doubt there are any guys  like my dad who would accept a lazy rough wifey.
The essence of my being and character are still there but self improvements never hurt.


Ingredients for cooking Western food are very expensive, so choose receipes within your budget and capabilities.
Thank you weak buying power of  Malaysian Ringgit.






















I plan to calm my nerves, increase level of swag-ness by playing my favourite playlists in the kitchen as I cook.


Preview of my playlist


1. II Mundo -Jimmy Fontana
2.Riptide-Vane Joy
3. La Valse d'Amelie - Yann Tiersen
4.Sur le fil -Yann Tiersen
5.Naomi - Yann Tiersen (Cascade Street )
6.J'y suis jamais allè - Yann Tiersen











No comments:

Post a Comment